Misconceptions About Christianity
Our Muslim friends have many misconceptions about Christianity. In this article,
I would like to correct some of those misunderstandings.
1. One God. True Christians do not believe in three Gods. Moses in the old Testament wrote "Hear 0 Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord" (Deuteronomy 6:4). In the New Testament, James brother of Jesus wrote " Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe and tremble" (James 2:19). Also Apostle Paul wrote "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5).
2. Son of God. When the word son of God is used, it does not mean God had sexual relationship with Mary. It refers to the spiritual relationship between Jesus Christ and God.
3. Christian Nations. There are no Christian nations in the world because true Christianity is a personal experience and is not inherited from parents. In other words no one can say "I was born a Christian". The countries in which Christians have freedom of worship are mislabeled as Christian countries.
4. Three Gods. God is a spirit. That means we can feel His presence but we cannot see Him. The eternal, infinite God has manifested Himself as father in creation of the universe and the mankind, as son in delivering and washing away human sins and as Holy Spirit in regenerating and changing the lives of the people who believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ shows the way to God and Holy Spirit reveals the thoughts of God. Also true Christians never worship Mary as the mother of God.
5. True Christians. True Christians are those that follow the Bible and keep the commandments of Jesus Christ. Not everyone who calls himself a Christian is a true Christian. You must use the Bible to evaluate the claim of a person. If he/she is living contrary to the word of God, he/she must be called a false Christian.
6. Bible. Many Muslim friends believe that Bible has been corrupted. If we look at the Bible we will see that there are many prophecies in the old Testament written by Jewish prophets that came true in the New Testament in the life of Jesus Christ including His virgin birth, His identity and His death on the cross. Either these prophecies are about Jesus Christ or we should wait for another Messiah.
How could Jews who do not believe in Jesus Christ conspire and unite with Christians who believe that Jesus is the Messiah to change the Bible? Also in this space age, would anyone keep a corrupted book in some of the most prestigious museums in the world? So no one can prove that Bible has been corrupted.